Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday Fruitcake

Happy Holidays!

 

Farewell my esteemed SC followers. This may be my last post. The tempest has been unleashed and the waters are rising. I have finished my arc and loaded up two of everything: 2 skis, 2 telemark bindings, 2 gloves, 2 boots, 2 poles and 2 cases of beer. It may seem like it will never snow again, but I know deep in my heart that once this tempest has unleashed it's worst, it will get cold and the snow will fly once more, and I will be ready! In the mean time I would suggest practicing your doggie paddle, because you ain't getting in my boat.

 

Apparently some cold mass over Quebec is moving east to Greenland causing a shift in global weather bringing warm moist air in to the west. I don't know why this is happening but looking back to my previous post I have to wonder if there is a connection. Although I will point out that the models are not in complete agreement, two show this happening while the third and more aggressive of the models shows a ridge building. Either way it is no good. What started out as a great snow pack is just getting hammered right now. With the amount of rain we have gotten in the last 24 hours it has got to be like a sponge up there. The snow level is dropping a bit today and tonight with a little drying out tomorrow, so if you happen to have some free time tomorrow I would suggest making a trip up, it may be your last chance for a few weeks. Seriously it doesn't look good. This is one of those times where I hope to God I am wrong, but unfortunately we all know SC is pretty much batting 1000 right now. Oh the curse of always being right.

 

I am sorry to be stuffing coal up your stocking, even if it feels like I am really stuffing up some other location. I really wish I was telling you to put up the Holiday Tree on the mountain because that's where you will be all weekend, but no luck. Stay home watch some football, drink some beer, get fat and lazy like the rest of America. I also apologize for such lame posts lately, it's hard to be funny and creative when you're bummed.

 

So here's to hoping 2006 will be a good year,

 

Have a safe and happy holiday

 

SC