Tuesday, November 08, 2005


Game On....or Delay of Game?

What is the old saying about history repeating itself? I don't know but I don't like it.

Well, being the faithful Snow Curmudgeon that I am, I ventured up to Meadows on Saturday to see how things looked. Get a sneak preview so to speak. As David Waag said, "The first tour of the winter is always exciting but sometimes it is difficult to let go of the safety of Fall." and that is how I felt Saturday. Not really ready to face winter, but fear not, I had my emergency cajones in my pack to give me that extra boost. How was it you ask? Well, it looks pretty good, compared to last year. But then again, almost everything looks good comapred to last year. As I was skiing around, I unfortunately find myself thinking about last year. And what the chances are of another horrible winter, is it really the same?. Hmmm I wonder, let's see here, for one Tree is still an evil wench, two, last year I went skiing a week before the planned opening day, and we all remember what happened then, no? Let me refresh, we had just about 3' of snow, and the day before opening a warm front came through and the rain melted all the snow. But that was crazy right? That can't happen again can it? But wait I did just go skiing a week before opening, there is just about 3' of snow, let's check the forcast...

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. FREE AIR FREEZING LEVEL 12000 FEET
LOWERING TO 11000 FEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. PASS WINDS SOUTHWEST 5 TO 15
MPH.
.THURSDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY NORTH...AND A CHANCE OF RAIN.
SNOW LEVEL LOWERING TO 8000 FEET. PASS WINDS SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 6000 FEET LOWERING TO
5500 FEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. PASS WINDS SOUTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH.

Two Words: Oh Shit!

What is the old saying about history repeating itself? I don't know but I don't like it.

Keep hoping....

SC